Who: Marty Breen, Janet Fazio, Joe Condon, Phil Pierpont, Jiah Barnett,
When: 19 September
Where: Forward Motion Sports (Danville, CA)
1. New board members Phil Pierpont and Jiah Barnett and newly repositioned member Joe Condon were installed. Any board members who do not have updated bios on the webpage were tasked with submitting content to Janet.
2. Several committee lead positions are currently vacant. The following were suggested:
Communications – Phil Pierpont
Running – Danilo Purila
Sponsorship – Paul Perrone
Social – Jen Bayliss
Kits – ??
Tri – ??
3. The board approved a $250/month budget for monthly socials and suggested having gear swaps at socials.
4. The board discussed the pressing need to keep the website updated with new photos and content to keep people engaged. In addition to keeping people informed, it creates a centralized online community.
5. Phil Pierpont volunteered to revive the newsletter to include photo contests, member features, seasonal promotions, and a poll.
6. In conjunction with an updated website, younger members (under 30) may be attracted to the sense of belonging as well as the team concept. Aggressive presence and outreach can draw more members.
7. The new Jakroo kits did not seem to be popular; barely anybody came into the store when fit kits were available. Those who did order kits found that they came shipped straight from China, vice through a distributor in Pleasanton.
8. The 2018 Challenge Series list is still in progress; ideas for the series are still welcome. Of note 2018 is the 40th anniversary of Devil Mountain, so we may push for extra attendance and award double credit. It is the Sunday of Wildflower weekend.
9. Due to two cancellations, the Board authorized the following as substitue events: Wolfpack Dam Jingle Bell Dash (16DEC) and Walnut Creek Turkey Trot OR a new FOMO-hosted fun run on Thanksgiving morning.
10. The Board proposed having the holiday party on December 11th or 12th at the VFW in Danville (6-10 PM) with an interest in music and a dessert contest.
11. Joe proposed a crab feed in January/February at the VFW with a prorated admission for members. It could be held in conjunction with a bake sale and/or potluck and we can also explore soliciting local vendors.
12. Marty offered to stock FMRC exclusive merchandise at the store such as shirts and hoodies.
13. In addition to more club cohesion, we will encourage member connection to Forward Motion Sports and club sponsors, to possibly include challenge series points for certain purchase thresholds.